Monday, March 8, 2010

Hey Guys...

...if you happen to see a lady,
on the side of the road,
all by herself,
with the trunk open,
and a flat tire,
please feel free to assume that she doesn't know whattheheck she is doing and then proceed to stop and help. It's okay. Really. Go ahead and be a hero.

I understand that there might be a few ladies out there who know what to do when their tire blows out on the highway, so let me rephrase.

If you happen to see me, by myself, on the side of the road, you are more than welcome to make the assumption that I don't have the foggiest clue as to what to do.

As was the case earlier today.


I tried to be a tough girl. I really did.
I got the spare tire out. Got the lug-nut "key" out.
I had myself all set up to change my little tire.
Then I got the jack out and stood there on the side of the highway holding that thing in my hand thinking, "How in the world is this shiny metal thing with the twisty knob and the springy piece supposed to hold my car up."

Shoot.

So I called my sweet husband and he left work to rescue me.

Thank goodnessgracious.

And for the record, a nice man in a big truck did stop to help.

He couldn't figure out the jack either, thankyouverymuch.

No comments: