Friday, April 2, 2010

Paperwork Marathon - Complete!

After 10.5 months of paperwork, we are happy to announce that our Dossier is COMPLETE and on its way to Washington, DC.

And do you know what that means?

That means we are officially on the WAITING LIST!!!

Never in my life have I been so excited to earn the privilege of waiting for something.

Usually, being asked to wait might result in a variety of responses ranging from from a fussy "harumph" (complete with an eye-roll) to an all out tantrum.

But not today.

Today, we are thrilled with the news that we can now WAIT.

Currently, the average waiting time for an infant is 8-10 months.

I'm going to save myself some heartache and keeps my eyes on February - hailing it as the month that we could be matched with our little son.

If it happens before then, well then there will be much rejoicing.

If it happens much later, things might get ugly.

Until then, we will continue to prepare our home and our lives for parenthood. And when I think about it that way - when I realize that we are headed for some major changes - 10 months really doesn't seem like all that long.

3 comments:

The Blaske Bunch said...

Hip Hip Horray for completed dossier! WHAT AN UNDERTAKING huh! Good for you! Even though I have done the start to finish papers for two adoptions, 3 kiddos...the DAY I got to send the dossier in the mail was/is a day that I still can FEEL!
For me, ALL my paperwork, contacts, emails, photo copies, notary stamps, medicals etc...stayed close to me 24 / 7 as I worked on it. (in the car, in my room, at the dr office etc)
So it through me off a bit when I had to seal it up in the FedEX over night envelope and HAND IT OVER...it felt like a piece of me was leaving...this FILE that was ON me for so long was NOW being handed over...crazy stuff for sure.
(of course being a bit of a crazed adoptive mama, I had 3 copies of EVERYTHING ...ha ha ha!)
CONGRATULATIONS!
THe WAIT is the reality of the journey and you learn sooooo much...it is exciting and hard all at the same time.
GOOD JOB!
Blessings
Carrie

Tarah said...

Congrats!! That must feel so awesome!! Happy waiting to you! : )

Julie Briggs said...

Congrats... I remember what a relief it was to finally be on the waitlist!