Monday, April 26, 2010

High Note

Every team I coach is different from the one before. Usually dramatically different.
This season, it's been a battle. I love these girls, but nothing has been easy with this team. Pretty much if you can name it, we've dealt with it.
We've battled
laziness,
imsosickofvolleyballicouldexplode,
gossip,
lack of commitment,
rumors,
at.tit.tudes,
conflict,
ijustplaindontlikeyou,
and exhaustion.
But yesterday - oh yesterday - it all came together.
On our last day of competition, they left it all behind and just played volleyball.
They listened to me and I remembered why I have believed so much in each of them.
And they won.every.game.
And that made them first place for the day- with a real trophy and everything.
And I thought to myself (as I do at the end of every season), "It's all been worth it. When do we start again."
What a way to end.

No comments: