Thursday, April 19, 2012

Olive Jane

In my opinion, being asked to be present at the birth of a baby is one of the greatest honors. It means to be allowed to witness one the most painful and vulnerable moments of a woman's life and to be invited to experience - in a most intimate way - the creation of a family. 

I've been anticipating the birth of miss Olive Jane for months and was thrilled to be awakened in the wee hours of April 7th by a text message that said, "Come on over. Baby's on her way!" 

As Holly labored at home during the darkest hours of the night, I wished - on her behalf - that it would just.be.over. It was a long labor and I know that there were several moments when she felt hopeless.

But then, with the rising of the sun, it was time for that tiny girl to make her way into the world. A new day. A new life. Holly's pain turned into joy.

Thank you, Holly and David, for allowing me to be apart of this occasion. I'm so excited to watch Olive grow and learn make her mark on your family. 

1 comment:

Monica Wilkinson said...

Wow - amazingly gorgeous!