Monday, August 1, 2011

21

Twenty-one years ago today, my BABY sister made her appearance into this world.
She was born with more than her fair share of hair and - I tell you what - it's a good thing she came out a girl. For this eight-year-old big sister, a little brother simply would not have been acceptable.

I remember holding her within hours of her birth, looking at her red, scrunched-up newborn face and thinking, "Yep, this is JUST what I wanted."
I do believe that there has never been a big sister more proud of and thrilled about a new baby.
And, honestly, I'm still pretty proud of her today.

Love you, Em.
Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

Brockman said...

Becky, I remember when you told everyone in Ms. Graves 4th grade class that your mom was pregnant. I can't believe that was 21 years ago. Wow! Cute pics and happy birthday Emily. : )