Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Joy {Favorites: Part 3 of 4}

I was deeply moved by the people of Ethiopia.
They were humble,
gracious,
genuine,
and so, so kind.

I wish I had a photograph or a story to express to you just how kind they were. It was just unlike anything I had ever experienced before. At the risk of sounding cliche, I have to say that I was truly blessed by nearly every encounter. It was as if kindness just radiated from them.

What I was able to capture was their joy.
I found many people - particularly women - who were especially joyful.

They were quick to flash a beaming, genuine smile,



and quick to burst into laughter - deep, loud, belly-laughter.

Even though I could not understand 99% of what was being said, I often found myself feeling as if I was in the presence of friends - friends that I CANNOT WAIT to go back and visit.

No comments: