Thursday, May 7, 2009

World AIDS Orphan Day: May 7th

"I believe that this could very well be looked back on as the sin of our generation. I look at my parents and ask, where were they during the civil rights movement? I look at my grandparents and ask, what were they doing when the holocaust in Europe was occurring with regard to the Jews, and why didn't they speak up? And when we think of our great, great, great-grandparents, we think how could they have sat by and allowed slavery to exist? And I believe that our children and their children, 40 or 50 years from now, are going to ask me, what did you do while 40 million children became orphans in Africa?"

--Rich Stearns, President of World Vision

Across the globe, 15 million children have been orphaned by AIDS. Right now, 15 million children are living with no parents; climbing into bed with no goodnight kisses and hungry bellies. It seems we ought to do something about that. 

No comments: