Monday, September 14, 2009

Excuse me while I repeat myself

This is my seventh season coaching volleyball for ECA.

And for the past four seasons, I've had more than 20 girls participate in the junior high volleyball program.

I wish that I could explain to you what it is like to be the only adult in a gym with 22 junior high girls. Perhaps I can give you a little glimpse.

You see, at every practice, there are about 10 things that I repeat. Over. And over. And over.

And over.

So our practices tend to go a little something like this...

1. Please stop bouncing the balls.
2. Okay, let's focus.
3. Hey, (Insert one of 22 names), could you please stop talking?
4. Please put that away. You don't need to eat snacks during practice.
5. Keep trying! You'll get it!
6. Please stop playing basketball.
7. Please stand up. You're not going to die.
8. Well done!
9. No, I won't tell you what we are doing next.
10. Hey, (Insert same name as used in #3), please stop talking.

And in between, we play a little volleyball and have alot of fun. :)


1 comment:

Joan said...

You're the best coach! If I were a 7th grader, I would want to be on your team!